[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ custom_padding=”3px|0px|48.7188px|0px”][et_pb_row background_repeat_1=”no-repeat” _builder_version=”3.0.70″ background_image=”https://nmcrisisline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Top-Turq-Header-Bkgnd.jpg”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” background_repeat=”no-repeat”][et_pb_post_title meta=”off” featured_image=”off” text_orientation=”center” text_color=”light” admin_label=”Post Title: White on Turq (Section) background” _builder_version=”3.0.70″ title_text_color=”#ffffff”][/et_pb_post_title][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.70″]
Protocall Crisis And Access Counselor Job Announcement
New Mexico Crisis and Access line, along with ProtoCall, is currently hiring at our call centers for a New Hire Training session that will be scheduled soon:
- Portland, Oregon
- Grandville, Michigan
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
ProtoCall is a resilient team that works around the clock to provide immediate help for those in crisis.
What does an average day look like for a Crisis and Access Counselor?
You will receive calls from people who may literally be on a ledge, to a caller in recovery, to a college student in distress, to everything in between.
As a person who is very comfortable interfacing with technology, you will be constantly juggling taking calls while referencing customized call handling processes, inputting data in a proprietary software, chatting simultaneously with colleagues for advice, and guiding the callers to their next step…all while talking someone through possibly the most important or darkest moment in their life.
Sometimes you will follow up with the caller, other times you will provide your documented report about the call to our customer and be finished…you will ALWAYS be done with your paperwork when you walk out the door, free to enjoy life on your terms.
This job will be the perfect fit if you…
- are curious about becoming an expert in crisis management.
- feel bored unless you’re doing 6 things at once.
- balance selflessness with self-care. You know when to stop and breathe.
- thrive in a team atmosphere and are not afraid of feedback. A life is literally on the line and you know your professional intervention could help them.
- can handle failure when you did your best.
- keep your cool. Nothing ruffles your feathers, not even when someone has a gun to their head, calls you a jerk…or, says you just saved their life.
- are tired of endless paperwork.
- are willing to work a schedule that’s different from the typical 9-5.
- know this work is not for everyone, it will scare the crap out of some people and burn out others. It is for you if it brings you a sense of contribution.
- love variety and a new challenge on every call.
- have a high mental capacity for problem-solving that other jobs haven’t fulfilled.
- are determined to help someone access the services they need when they need them. You advocate for the caller and help them navigate through complex systems-an insurance hurdle here, a provider network there- does not dissuade you.
This job will not work if you…
- get nervous easily when a lot is happening at once.
- are anxious with the unknown.
- are set in your clinical strategies (no matter how much experience you have).
- like to track long-term progress of clients.
- have trouble quickly jumping on board with new technology.
- MSW or PsyD, or PhD in behavioral health field OR M.A. or M.S. in behavioral health with a clinical practice emphasis from a program that is accredited by COAMFTE, CACREP, or CORE
- Licensed or registered with your state licensing board (OR, MI, NM)
- Direct crisis intervention experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer and typing proficiency
To apply please go to our website at http://www.protocallservices.com/
Click on Crisis & Access Counselor in your Area